Bamako, Sikasso, Segou, Mopti
Goals and activities
BNCE-Mali’s mission is to develop a more protective environment for children’s rights with a view to achieving all children’s integral growth. Its mission is in line with the context of the promotion and protection of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC).
- Children deprived of liberty: BNCE-Mali advocates the timeliness of freedom deprivation and the government’ support of improving minors’ detention conditions.
- Girls and young mothers in dispair: BNCE-Mali through its hosting centers, ensures the support of single mothers’ social and psycho-emotional welfare as well as their educational, material and financial support in favor of their family, community and socio-economic reintegration.
- Advocacy at polical level: Mali-BNCE support the State to enforce national and international standards. To this end, whenever the occasion arises, BNCE remind policy makers and all administrative and political authorities at all levels of implementing the right of children, especially girls’, in accordance with international conventions on the Rights of the Child.
- Training / capacity building: To achieve faster changes in practices and behaviors, BNCE-Mali has initiated training for state and civil society actors in charge of enforcing the child’s rights.
- Awareness of civil society: Recognizing that the promotion and protection of children’s rights challenge each stakeholder in civil society or as plain citizen, BNCE-Mali uses all channels of communication to convey best practices concerning the rights of children, especially girls. To better promote the rights of the child, Mali-BNCE considers it a priority to responsible make civil society accountable so that it should help better organize themselves through advocacy.
- Community Mobilization: in neighborhoods and villages, Mali-BNCE created Local Committees for the Promotion and Protection of the Rights of Children (CPLP). These local committees led by local volunteer citizens, conduct outreach, family tracing and family mediation for children.
Board of Directors
Chairman Abraham Bengaly
Mali-Bamako district, 100 meters from the “Beaver” school
B.P. E 841 Bamako, Mali
Tel. (+223) 76 40 98 40, (+223) 66 72 24 31
Postal adress : Faladiè-Sema. Street 839, Door 112 – Bamako, Mali
Tel. (+223) 76 49 27 52