CIS Children are particularly exposed to violence in all its forms, whether physical or moral, including exploitation and sexual abuse. Today we know that infant mortality by homicide is three times higher in CIS as in the EU .
Domestic violence, school violence, violence in closed type institutions and street violence; violence against children exists on all continents, in all countries. But, if CIS children are particularly vulnerable to it, it is because public policies regarding prevention, protection and support matters are still perfectible.
The "School for Parents" project overall objective is to motivate and mobilize parents to prevent violence against children and establish harmonious relations between parents and children.
- Psychological counseling in one-to-one and in groups
- Seminars for municipality teachers and professionals
- Thematic sessions on how to raise a happy child, home education styles, encouragement and punishment in the family, children protection against violence, children’s psychological peculiarities (preschool, school, adolescence)...
- Children and parents will be able to identify abuse and cooperate in the child’s interest;
- Parents will know better how to monitor their children;
- Children can have confidence in their parents as well as in their teachers;
- City officials will be better informed on new techniques for the prevention of violence against children;
- A guide for parents will be published.
- 170 parents will be supported
- 50 vulnerable children
- 2 seminars will be organized for 40 teachers and 30 municipal professionals
- 20 teachers from schools involved in the Grain de Sable (grain of sand) program and 15 municipal officials as well as professionals working with children.
- Civic Initiative