The day of the Rights of the Child has been held annually on November 20th. It marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) by the UN in 1989.
As an NGO for Child Protection, the International Catholic Child Bureau mobilizes this opportunity to:
- Make children’s rights known
- Denounce situations experienced by children whose rights are violated
- Encourage everyone to act in favor of the rights of the child
- Propose to the public to support our work and make a donation.
Two events to honor the rights of the child
- A day of prayer and action for children: The International Catholic Child Bureau has been associated with the Day of Prayer and Action for Children since 2012. This global event gives a spiritual dimension to the day of the Rights of the Child. It invites everyone to pray and act, wherever they may be, so that the rights of the children are respected.
- A documentary film festival: On the occasion of the World Day of the Rights of the Child, BICE organizes a festival in Paris every year called ”Enfances dans le monde”. It gives voice to children and educates adults and students of realities lived by children around the world.
Special events in 2014: 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
In 2014, we celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Find out our special file on the rights of the child.