- To contribute to the promotion of human dignity, in the exercise of the children rights and the recognition and appreciation of the role of children as social actors.
- To promote respect for prisoners and ex-convicts in international, multilateral and national laws.
Goals and activities
Support forinstitutionalized children.
Poles of experience
- Children deprived of liberty
- Children in conflict with the law
- Child health and development
- Children Rights
- Training of actors in the legal and penitentiary worlds regarding knowledge and respect of the rights of persons deprived of liberty.
- OPA offers trainings in drug and AIDS prevention, in partnership with the Ministry of Health. These courses are targeted to children in conflict with the law and institutionalized ones, as well as mentors and educators.
- Socio-legal monitoring of children deprived of liberty.
- Business training courses.
To promote the application of alternative sentences to imprisonment.
Types of institutions, research on social and legal conditions and on the origins of detained children. Children in detention, second-class citizens.
Observatorio de Prisiones Arequipa : Niños Libres
Beaterio N-.281 cercado
Phones: 054 – 346365 / 054 95-9330361