BICE fights against sexual abuse
In 2014, BICE began a new partnership with the Nobody’s Children Foundation, to fight against sexual abuse.
The aims of the 2014-2017 programme are:
- To promote resilience and recovery in child victims of sexual abuse,
- To provide good psychosocial support for the resilience and recovery of children.
Activities against sexual abuse
The “fight against sexual abuse” programme in Poland has different activities:
- Implementation of different systems of support (psychological and therapeutic) for child victims of sexual abuse
- Listening to the child victim in a way that takes their age and trauma into account
- Training of professionals who will in turn train other professionals from different sectors (homes, orphanages, community centres, juvenile police units, police stations, etc)
Key figures of the programme
In total, over 1,600 people – children and adults – benefit directly from activities against sexual abuse in Poland:
- 1,000 children at risk or victims of sexual abuse better supported psychologically and legally
- 600 childcare professionals trained in methods of support for child victims