BICE acts for young children in Ivory Coast
Since 1987, BICE and its local partner Dignity and Rights for Children in Ivory Coast (DDE-IC) are involved in the protection of early childhood and the rights of the child.
The actions implemented meet several objectives:
- Support children 3 to 6 years old in a healthy and safe environment
- Promote their development and growth through fun and educational activities
- Promote socialization of the child
- To promote the education of children, especially girls
- Educate children about the importance of hygiene
Activities around early awakening
Activities take place in Centre d’Ecoute Pilote d’Adjamé (CEPA) or in Centre Erb Aloïs de Youpougon (neighborhoods in Abidjan, the capital):
- Home for children in day APEC
- Preparing children for primary school
- Organization of awareness activities: language, writing, mathematics, drawing and singing, motor, etc.
- Nutritional and health support: taste, hygiene education, screening and control of vaccines, etc.
- Parent awareness in the development of the child
Key figures of the project in Ivory Coast
- 80 children aged 3 to 6 years are welcomed daily at CEPA
- 70 children with disabilities participate in activities for early awakening
- 200 children from the community in the area participate in community outreach activities
- One hundred parents participate in meetings and accompany their children