BICE acts for early childhood in Togo
Since 1996, BICE and its local partner BNCE-Togo strive to better enforce the fundamental rights of children from an early age. We have developed two care facilities suitable to accommodate young children: one in Lomé, the capital, and the other in Avoutokpa, a rural area.
These centers serve many purposes:
- Ensure the basic needs of the child: healthy eating, hygiene, health
- Supervise children 2 to 5 years old in good conditions
- Involve families and especially mothers in the development of their child
Activities around early awakening
Several activities are carried out in these nurseries throughout the year. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged.
- Caring of children in nurseries
- Organization of educational and fun activities to acquire basic skills: language, motor skills, arts and crafts, games and music appreciation, learning how to live in a group, etc.
- Support in food and nutrition: sample prepared by the center and meals provided by parents
- Preparing children aged 4 to 5 years old in primary school
- Creating an infirmary to improve children’s health: vaccination and screening
- Participatory meetings with mothers on children education and the promotion of their rights
Key figures of the project in Togo
- 80 children aged 2 to 5 years old are welcome every day in both nurseries
- One hundred parents attend meetings and accompany their children