In this area, education is facing a twofold problem: the absenteeism rate is high and poorly trained teachers in public institutions provide a low-quality education. In that context, school failure is very important and it does not augur well for a better future for the children.
BICE is committed to achieving quality education for the poorest
BICE and its local partner – the Fundaciόn Pedro Poveda (FPP) – have implemented a project to assist 1’000 children and youth aged 5 to 25 years old in their formal and non-formal education and respect their right to quality education.
- 25 school leavers have daily received courses as part of a mentoring program whose long-term objective is to reintegrate an ordinary curriculum. These children have benefited from a nutritional support plan;
- A library, a toy library and a computer room have been made available to the community;
- Hours of tutoring, artistic workshops and computer courses have been offered in these new places;
- Voluntary work has been encouraged: parents and youth themselves have become the leaders and actors of the school education of the youngest.
Activities in Chinaulta
- Mentoring program for school leavers
- Creation of new places of learning and meeting
- Tutoring and development of artistic activities