The International Catholic Child Bureau (BICE) is an organization that aims to bring together and animate a network of stakeholders committed to promoting and defending the dignity of each child, a fully-fledged human being, subject of rights.
To promote and defend the child, as a protagonist of his life and within his community. To this purpose, to work jointly for the respect of each child’s dignity, rights and spiritual life while accompanying him on a path towards resilience.
Research, training, advocacy in order to influence public policies and field projects for children in situations of vulnerability all aim at achieving this mission.
BICE contributes to build a world of justice and solidarity that guarantees the growth of each and every child.
The respect of :
- the human life and dignity of each child, created at God’s image;
- the values of the Gospel ;
- freedom of thought, conscience and beliefs;
- cultural diversity.
- The principle of non-discrimination.
- The best interests of the child.
- Child participation.
- The family as the best place to support the child.
- Networking as well as working with other networks.
- The principle of subsidiarity.
- Long-term action.
- Transparency and integrity.