2010: Rallied by 50 other NGOs, BICE managed to convince the Committee on the Rights of the Child to dedicate its 2011 Day of General Discussion to children of prisoners.
May 2010: BICE joined the “Global Campaign for universal ratification of UN Optional Protocols on children's rights”
Find out more and download the following PDF files:
- Letter sent to State parties who didn’t ratify the Protocol on involvement of children in armed conflicts »
- Letter sent to State parties who didn’t ratify the Protocol on the sale of children »
- Letter sent to State parties who didn’t ratify any of the two optional Protocols »
Geneva, January 21, 2010: Signatures of the World Appeal to a New Mobilization for Childhood were handed out to the Members of the UN Committee for children’s rights.
Yves Marie-Lanoë, President of BICE, handed out to the Committee on the Rights of the Child the 10,000 signatures gathered by the Appeal to a New Mobilization for Childhood during an official ceremony at the headquarters of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Our President, along with the two Vice Presidents, brother Stephen Tuohy and Ms. Marie-Thérèse Mulanga, was given the privilege to trust Ms. Yanghee Lee, President of the Committee on the Rights of the Child with the collection of signatures and Proceedings of the international Conference held on June 4, 2009. Ms. Lee was thanked for the support given to BICE by the Committee during the set up of the Appeal.
12 additional members of the Committee were also present. They congratulated BICE on the mobilization it was able to create et renewed their intention to develop closer links with our association.
October 2009: Celebration of the 20th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child: 6 Statements of BICE
Download the following PDF files:
- Le droit à l'éducation axe central pour prévenir les violations des droits de l'enfant (French)
- Children: Rights holders versus commodity
- Principes fondateurs de la dignité et des droits de l'enfant et exploitation des enfant par le travail (French)
- States parties obligations related to child's right to health
- The roots for the full development of the child lie within the family
- La participación de niñas, niños y adolescentes (Spanish)
19 September, 2008: The right of the child to education in emergency situations : reflections based on our experience
Documents related to General Observations and General Discussion Days are available in our online Documentation Center.