BICE has set the objective to restore meaning to family and community ties. It deals with encouraging active participation within families, the main place of social contact for a child, as well as within communities, in order to create networks of solidarity. We also support help to single-parent families (frequently raised by women), who are confronted to economic precariousness and social isolation more than others.
Finally, children who can’t be reintegrated within their families, have to be accompanied by well-designed institutions, in order to be able to bring out resiliency capacities and to build the life path they deserve.
Our projects in this area of expertise
- Children victims of abuse, exploitation, violence or ill-treatment - Ivory Coast
- Development and strengthening of community-based prevention of the phenomenon of the so-called street children - Democratic Republic of the Congo
- A childhood out of prison bars - 5 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Happy and healthy children - Argentina
- Smiling Cambodian Children, Sihanoukville - Cambodia